The What’s and Why a Metallurgical Engineerposted August 2018
Larry Hanke,P.E. and Neal Hanke, P.E. will be presenting a talk on the role of the metallurgical engineer in fire investigations at an October 12 educational seminar in Lakeville, MN. The seminar is directed at fire investigators, insurance professionals and lawyers to highlight the importance of laboratory testing of artifacts in a successful investigation.
Larry and Neal will provide their expertise on:
- A fundamental understanding of how structural and electrical materials behave at elevated temperatures.
- How material behaves under stress.
- How to evaluate component failures that may contribute to fire and explosion
- A better understanding of how to identify electrical arcing
- How anomalous material behavior can lead to incorrect conclusions about the conditions during a fire